We kicked off January with our plan to get healthy, and we started off with a Yummy Turkey Chili. My Husband actually said that he preferred this to our usual ground beef chili!
It was so simple to put together and having it cook in the slow cooker all day made our house smell so good on a cold winter day.
We made extra so we could freeze the leftovers too.
- 2lbs Ground Turkey
- 2 Medium Onions
- Garlic Cloves (depending on your taste)
- 1 28oz can of Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 28oz can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 6oz can Tomato Paste
- 1 can low-sodium Beef Broth
- 1 cup water
- 4-tsp Chili Powder
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- 1-tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Black, Pinto or Kidney Beans (Optional)
- Cook Ground Turkey and onions until done. Drain and move them to the slow cooker.
- Add in the tomatoes, beef broth, water and seasonings. (all seasoning amounts are estimates. Please be your own judge depending on your taste)
- Stir until the meat and onion mixture is well blended with the other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Serving size: 1 cup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see Disclosure.